Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Mark Bittman and Cornbread


Mark Bittman, a.k.a. "The Minimalist", is doing great things with food for the New York Times. So much so that his Bitten blog has made it into my internet toolbar for weekly checking. Though I'm sure he can make highly complicated dishes as well, he tends to post recipes for easygoing-but-delicious combinations, pushing readers towards good taste instead of exact measurements. On Sunday I made his incredible cornbread, much to the delight of our guests and my husband.

My other favorite Bittman contribution to the food world so far was his summer article, 101 Salads. The time is now approaching when we can take advantage, once again, of the superb world of produce. I saw a blooming daffodil on my run today!

No comments:

Post a Comment