Sunday, September 26, 2010

Basil Pesto



When I saw a giant bunch of basil at the farmer's market last weekend I knew it was time. I've been eying my food processor every since we got back from Bulgaria and I unpacked it from storage, but I hadn't used it yet. The time had come.

Basil Pesto (adapted from The Four Burners, who adapted it from Bon Apetit)
4 cups fresh basil leaves, washed
1/3 cup olive oil
1/3 cup pine nuts
1-2 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 cup grated Parmesan
1/4 cup grated Romano
1 tsp ground sea salt

1. Combine basil, olive oil, garlic and pine nuts in your food processor. Process until smooth, stopping to scrape the edges with a knife three times.
2. Add cheeses and sea salt. Process again until smooth.

Combine with pasta and a few tablespoons of hot pasta water. OR freeze in an ice cube tray and then store in a plastic bag for later use, like I did!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ms. Potash :) I'm so happy you continue posting things here! Hope things are going well for you in California :)

    ReplyDelete