(adapted from the Smitten Kitchen)
1 1/2 cups warm water
2 TBSP olive oil
1 tsp brown sugar
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 pkg active dry yeast
3 cups all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp salt
1. Put your warm water in a small bowl and sprinkle the yeast on top. Set in a warm place and cover with a towel for 5 minutes. Stir to dissolve yeast.
2. Stir together the wheat flour, brown sugar and oil. Add yeast and water.
3. Add the flour and salt.
4. Knead 5 minutes IN THE BOWL (why mess up your counter?), adding a bit of flour here and there to keep it from sticking to your hands or the bowl. Then lift up the dough and dribble a generous dash of olive oil into the bowl, using the dough to spread it. Turn over the dough so it is now coated with olive oil too. Cover the whole shebang with a towel and place in a warm kitchen corner for 1 1/2 hours.
Now, the toppings for the BBQ Thai Chicken Pizza
(from The Pioneer Woman)
Mozzarella, in thin slices
Purple Onion, sliced thinly
1. Coat the chicken breasts in BBQ sauce and bake for 25 minutes at 375 F. Dice and coat in more BBQ sauce.
2. Spread out the pizza crust on an oiled pizza pan. Spread the mozzarella on top.
3. Scatter the onion over the top. Then the diced chicken.
4. Sprinkle on more BBQ sauce.
5. Bake until cheese is bubbly and the crust starts to brown at the edges, between 15-20 minutes.
6. Sprinkle on the chopped cilantro.