It all starts with a dough pie crust. I used my basic pie crust, omitting the sugar. I also reduced the recipe in half, because it usually makes a double crust pie. Once you have the pie crust rolled out and ready to bake, begin the recipe below...
Spring Vegetable Quiche
1 potato, cut into very thin rounds, each of which are cut again in half
1 tomato, cut in quarter size chunks
10 asparagus spears, ends trimmed, cut in thirds at an angle
1-2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 cup skim milk
1. Preheat the oven to 400 F. Position a rack in the lower third of your oven.
2. Line a glass dish with a brushed on coat of olive oil. Spread potatoes out in it. Line the pie crust bottom with foil. Put both the pie crust and the potatoes in their pan in the oven for 10 minutes. Remove. Remove foil from crust.
3. Push the potatoes in the pan to one side and add the asparagus and tomatoes. Bake for 6 minutes. Stir together the eggs and milk and several twists of salt and pepper while the veggies are roasting.
4. Pour the roasted vegetables into the crust. Sprinkle with cheese. Pour eggs/milk over the whole thing. Press down with a spatula to be sure everything gets wet and the top is relatively flat.
5. Bake 15 minutes, then rotate and turn the heat down to 350 F. Bake 20-30 minutes more, until set in the middle and golden brown on top.
Enjoy! We loved this!