Saturday, March 13, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala and Cook's Illustrated


This week I made my first attempt at Indian Food. And it worked. Wow. It wasn't an easy recipe either. Chicken Tikka Masala requires layers of marinade, spices, sauce-simmering and yoghurty-chicken broiling. Who held my hand through such a process? The foodsmiths of Cook's Illustrated. I don't really feel right posting the instructions here, because they seem to put a ton of work into their recipes. But you can see and try them all for free with a 14 day trial membership (I've already had two with my two different e-mail addresses), copying and saving as many as you want. I'd probably subscribe if I was living in the U.S., but for now I've got a bank of 10 recipes waiting to be tried, and this first one turned out just like they said it would.

Search "Chicken Tikka Masala" at http://www.cooksillustrated.com/ if you want to try this great recipe, or just sign up for a trial membership and start browsing through the hundreds of possibilities on their site. If you decide you don't want to pay to subscribe, be sure to go on after 13 days and cancel.


No comments:

Post a Comment